What Happens After Counting In
- Learn what to do after you "count in" on an opportunity
- Learn the preparations you can do for the opportunity
After creating an account and updating your profile, you would have found a volunteer opportunity. This article is about what happens.
What Happens Next
After you click the "Count me in" button on an opportunity's page, your request to volunteer will go to your line manager/opportunity administrator for approval.
Note: Ensure you have the correct contact details in your profile.
- Your request to volunteer will go to your line manager/opportunity administrator for approval
- You will receive an email notification about your request
Once you are approved, you will receive an email notification:
Note: You will receive a reminder of the upcoming event and any other necessary communication.
Preparations for the Event's Day
Here is a list of what you can do to prepare for the event:
- Sign and bring the attendance register. This would be the proof of your attendance and will be used to log on your volunteer hours.
Note: Employees who choose to allocate their volunteering hours to engage in PwC-organised initiatives will be required to verify their attendance at an event by signing an attendance register available at all PwC-organised volunteering initiatives. Those who fail to sign the attendance register will result in a "leave" from work and will be credited as "unpaid" leave.
- Participate on the event and be enthusiastic. Ensure all tasks are completed on the allotted time.
- Follow the link you received from the notification sent to you via phone or desktop and give your honest feedback.
- If you would like to share a story (and we invite you to do so), head over to the stories section and write your story. Provide pictures if you can.
Note: Stories will be moderated to ensure content is appropriate and in accordance to the platform's standards.