- Understand the importance of budget planning
- Learn how to set up the budget plan when adding an opportunity
- Learn how to set up the budget plan when editing an opportunity's details
Budget planning can potentially help your organisation reach your fundraising goals. Having a budget lets you concentrate on more pressing matters like management and moderation for your organisation. You can set a budget plan for every opportunity under your organisation.
Setting Up the Budget Plan When Adding an Opportunity
On the "Add Opportunity" page, there is a form near the bottom of the page where you can input the amount you plan to raise.
Note: If you want to learn more about adding an opportunity, click here.
Use whole numbers only. The amount you entered will be in United States Dollar currency ($).
After you finish filling out all the required information, click the [Add activity] button at the bottom of the page.
Setting Up the Budget Plan When Editing Opportunity Details
You can also set up a budget plan for upcoming opportunities by editing their details.
To do so, you have to access your organisation's dashboard by clicking [Organisation] at the left-hand sidebar.
Use the search feature to find your organisation faster. Then, click the name.
Once there, scroll down until you get to the "Opportunities" section. Find and click the name of the opportunity you want to edit.
To edit the opportunity's details, click [Edit details] at the left-hand sidebar.
Scroll down and click [Next] to access the Planning and Management section.
Here, you can find two forms you can fill up:
- What is the budget for the Opportunity?
- What is the amount you plan to raise? Remember to use whole numbers. The amount you entered will be in United States Dollars ($).
- Budget note
- Describe or provide a short narrative on the budget.
Once you are done, keep on clicking "Next" to save the changes you have made.